GRE (Graduate Record Examination)
No.(45), Shan Yoma Apartment, West Circular Road, Taunggyi, Southern Shan State, Myanmar.,Myanmar(Burma)
ABOUT THE GRE
The Graduate Record Examination, or GRE, is an important step in the graduate school or business school application process. The GRE is a multiple-choice, computer-based, standardized exam that is often required for admission to graduate programs and graduate business programs (MBA) globally.
The GRE is developed and administered by test maker ETS to provide graduate and business schools with common measures for comparing applicants’ qualifications and preparedness for graduate-level academic work. Graduate school and business school admissions committees look at your GRE score, along with your academic record and supporting materials, to assess your readiness for the rigors of graduate academic study.
What’s the takeaway? A high score on the GRE will have a direct, positive impact on your graduate or business school application.
WHAT IS ON THE GRE?
The GRE exam measures your command of basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and data analysis as well as college-level vocabulary. More importantly, it measures your ability to analyze and evaluate written material, think critically, and solve problems.
WHAT ARE THE GRE SECTIONS?
You will receive three scores on the GRE:
- Analytical Writing
- Verbal Reasoning
- Quantitative Reasoning
These scores are generated by the following sections:
- 1 Analytical Writing Assessment section
- 2 Verbal Reasoning sections
- 2 Quantitative Reasoning sections
In addition, you will see one of the following sections:
- Unscored (may be either Verbal Reasoning or Quantitative Reasoning)
- Research (used for ETS research purposes)
The Quantitative Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning sections are each scored on a scale of 130 to 170. The mean score for Verbal Reasoning is 151, and the mean score for Quantitative Reasoning is 153. The Analytical Writing Assessment is scored from 0 to 6 in half-point increments, and the mean score is 4.0.
- A full GRE prep course, live or on demand
- 180+ hours of online instruction and practice
- 7 full-length, computer-based practice tests
- Access to GRE® Channel video lessons
- An exclusive official test day experience
- The most up-to-date GRE prep books
- Why is GRE required?
- The purpose of the GRE is to measure applicants’ preparedness for grad school and their potential for academic success. … Many programs don’t require GRE scores at all or consider them less important than other application factors, whereas others consider GRE scores a critical component of the application
Can we go to USA without GRE?MS without GRE. University Admissions without GRE is a good thing to get into few top universities like MIT(certain programs). But usually low ranked schools will have No GRE offer . It is strongly recommended that you take GRE exam if you are planning to study in USA.Do I need GRE for Masters in USA?Yes GRE is compulsory for admission in USA. … Some universities might ask you to take GRE subject test(mostly for Ph. D admissions). However there are very few universities in USA which do not require GRE(in general they are not considered to be worthy).What is the total marks of GRE exam?The Quantitative and Verbal Sections are each out of 170 points making the highest possible score on the GRE a 340. The Analytical Writing Section is scored on an independent scale where a student gets a score from 0 to 6, with 6 being the highest.
Head Department Of English
Summary for Dean of Students Offering more than 25 years of progressive experience in leading and managing student affairs, policies, and initiatives to promote student growth and achievement. Senior leadership experience serving more than 10K students ac...