CPD-Advanced Professional Certificate Courses
Advanced Professional Certificate Courses
These are short online certificate courses of a more advanced nature designed to help you develop professionally and achieve your career goals, while you earn a professional certificate which qualifies you for the appropriate continuous professional development (CPD).
The Advanced Professional Certificate in Personal Development Studies offers an intensive technique-based approach to better a person’s self-learning skills including writing business reports, business research and self-reading and note-taking techniques by enabling the learner to employ project management, time and stress management techniques.
The course aims to enhance the learner’s understanding and skills in both verbal and non-verbal business communications by enhancing the learner skills in listening, receiving and giving feedback.
The learner will learn skills to work in dynamics groups, concepts and techniques for creativity, innovation and better decision making.
After the successful completion of the certificate, the student will be able to learn:
- Introduction to Learning, What kind of Learner are you?
- Approaches to Reading, Becoming a Proficient Reader
- Note-taking, Purpose and Types of Notes, Organizing Your Notes
- Introduction to Research, information sources and search approaches
- Avoiding Plagiarism and referencing using the Harvard Referencing Style
- Introduction to Talking and Listening, Active Listening, Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Introduction to Working in Groups, Types of Groups, Group Lifecycles, Group Behaviors
- Creativity, Innovation and Problem Solving
- Fundamentals of Stress and time management, coping with stress, treating time as a resource
- Project management skills, Tools and Techniques for Project Management
- Effective Essay Writing techniques
- Understand how to prepare, structure, and present a business report
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.